Website templates are simple, minimalistic, and easy to customize. A lot of web designers consider them as a fast solution to make website appearances that are professional and have enough features to catch people’s attention. The biggest advantage of using templates is that, they can be used repeatedly for different purposes and should be able to be resold on a regular basis without any changes.
Website templates are offered in free or paid versions. Some are offered for free and others are offered for payment. Paid packages can be a little more professional and they offer a wide range of additional options not offered free. However, the advantages offered by these paid packages are not always outweighing the disadvantages that may occur due to the additional features included in such packages. A little research on the subject should be conducted before proceeding to make a decision on the type of package that will best suits your needs.
For new web designers it is advised to go for the free templates that are offered for research purposes. These will allow you to test the water for a while before making a final decision on the type of template that will be the best suited to your business needs. After you are satisfied with the way your first effort is going, you can move on to the next one.
1. Website templates are usually offered in three types that can be selected by the users that will be using the template. One type offers an advanced level of options that users can choose from and is suitable for seasoned web designers. However, such templates offer limited editing options and are not as user friendly.
2. The second type is less professional looking, but has limited editing options. These templates are mainly offered in HTML or CSS format. They are easier to use, but they are not as professional looking and hence are not recommended for new designers.
3. The third type is similar to the second type and offers only limited editing options. Such templates are mainly offered in CSS format. These templates are easier to use and hence are great for beginner designers.
It is important to understand that choosing the right type of template will depend on how much you value the time of your web designer. An experienced web designer will not spend time editing the templates if the website is of little importance to him. It is imperative that you make sure that the web designer does not value the time spent editing the template as less than the time it takes to create the website from the scratch.
You also need to consider how your website looks and loads on different mobile devices. Mobile devices are not the same as a desktop computer. Your website should load websites fast and look good.
To accomplish this consider:
1. Using Website Templates with very light background color:
Using Website templates with very dark background can make the website load slower, which means visitors will click away sooner. Make sure your website is designed to load as quickly as possible.
If your website is designed for dark backgrounds, you might want to think about changing it to a lighter background color to increase the loading time of your website. Make sure your website is designed to load as quickly as possible.
2. Using Website Templates with too many graphics and images:
This is probably the most obvious mistake. This does affect loading speed, especially on mobile devices. Make sure your website loads quickly and is designed to load as quickly as possible. You might also want to consider reducing the number of images you have on your website, especially if they are heavy graphic images or with dark backgrounds. You never know what your visitors are trying to accomplish, and adding an additional graphic image doesn’t really help.
3. Using Website Templates with too many fonts:
Font styles and sizes can vary from font to font. There is no right or wrong choice, but try to stick to two or three fonts max.
Your goal as a web designer is to create a website that is easy to use, easy to read, and easy to navigate. This web design mistakes can cause your site to be less effective, both for you and for your users. Avoid them at all costs.
In the end,
All website Templates are designed to load as quickly as possible, and you definitely want your website to load quickly. Choosing the right one keep your visitors happy and prevent them from clicking away to another website. There are just some aspects of a website template that you definitely don’t want to forget. When it comes to build your website and increasing the loading speed. so, please keep these basics in mind while designing your website.